Please see below for the following job vacancies:
Salary: Negotiable, subject to experience and qualifications
Hours: Full-time (0.8FTE negotiable for the right candidate)
Location: Adelaide CBD
Term: Initial 12-month contract, immediate start available
ICE WaRM is a gateway to Australian, and international, expertise in education, training and research in water resource management, water sensitive cities and access to safe drinking water and sanitation.
This role is responsible for developing and delivering the communications activities to fulfil ICE WaRM’s strategic objectives. This is a hands-on role where the incumbent will be responsible for managing and promoting ICE WaRM and communicating key messages effectively and efficiently to stakeholders. The incumbent will coordinate the production of communications collateral including oversight of, and frequently updating the website, preparing monthly e-newsletters, and other material as required.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
- Facilitating the development of ICE WaRM’s communications strategy, and ensuring that it is effectively implemented
- Managing the development of corporate branding, communications and marketing materials
- Writing engaging communication pieces relevant to electronic platforms and different audiences, including regular e-newsletters
- Managing and building content for the website and other online presence including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Preparing media releases and liaising with media to promote the activities of ICE WaRM
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships and networks to ensure effective communication to, and consultation and collaboration with key stakeholders
- Developing and implementing an alumni engagement strategy
- Coordinating marketing and exhibition activities at national and international events
- Producing regular web and social media metric reporting
- Providing regular reports to the Managing Director and Board regarding marketing and communication activities
To undertake and be successful in this role you will have to demonstrate that you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or equivalent
- Minimum three years working experience in a similar role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write media releases, reports, case studies, publications and social media content
- Experience in using a broad range of online communication and marketing software
- Knowledge of developing and delivering corporate communications including web, social media and print mediums
- Enthusiasm and are pro-active and self-motivated to deliver results
- Ability to work in a small team collaboratively
- Organisational skills and are able to run multiple pieces of work at once
- Ability to work autonomously, under pressure and with a high level of self-initiative
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience in a not-for-profit, training, research or public sector environment
- Knowledge of the water sector
- Knowledge and experience in using graphic design software, such as the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat)
For more information about the position contact Kathryn on (08) 8236 5209.
Please submit your resume and covering letter addressing the essential criteria via Seek. Applications can be addressed to Darryl Day, Managing Director.
Applications close at 5pm ACST on Monday 7th August 2017.