National Water Commission Domestic Scholarships for the
Graduate Diploma in Water Resources Management (Water Planning Stream)
The current and predicted shortage of Water Planners in Australia led to the creation of the new Water Planning Stream. Funding this new stream, the National Water Commission (NWC) also saw the need to encourage students to further develop skills in water planning by funding domestic scholarships for the Graduate Diploma in Water Resources Management.
The scholarship hopes to:
- Provide regional students the opportunity to advance their scientific knowledge in water planning;
- Provide assistance to Board Members from Catchment Management Authorities in furthering their knowledge of water planning;
- Encourage the exchange of ideas on best practice within water-planning fields;
- Provide disadvantaged groups with the opportunity to participate effectively in water planning activities; and
- Provide the opportunity for students from organisations and regions currently facing major water planning issues to participate in programmes which they may not be able to fund.
The NWC support for skills development in water planning included funding a limited number of scholarships for eligible domestic students undertaking a Graduate Diploma in Water Resources Management specialising in Water Planning. However, applications for these scholarships have now closed.