Ben is the Director at Arris Water and completing his PhD at Central Queensland University. Ben has 20 years’ experience in the water industry and has researched, built and operated a wide range of water treatment facilities. He has extensive experience in decentralised installations and addressing the concerns of salinity and sodicity in recycled water. He is recognised as a leader in the management, treatment, and beneficial use of wastewater streams that have ‘difficult’ chemistry, organic loads and/or environmental license conditions. His research has focused on the management of sodium adsorption ratio (SAR) and salinity in water treatment. He has developed, patented and successfully commercialised two treatment technologies. Ben has been actively researching the reduction of SAR, salinity, and other contaminants of concern in Associated Water with a number of Coal Seam Gas companies. Ben has a Bachelor of Applied Science and has completed his Master’s by research in Decentralised Wastewater Treatment.
Courses involved in:
- Webinar: Science Protecting Water in Hydraulic Fracturing (June 2018)
- Webinar: Gas Policy and Water Management (February 2017)
- 2nd Gas Policy and Water Management (March 2017)
- 2nd Coal Seam Gas and Water (October 2012)
- 4th Australian Water School (May 2013)