Course: 6th HEC-RAS Water Modelling Training 1D+2D
HEC-RAS: Hydrologic Engineering Centres-River Analysis System: Latest version!
Using the latest version of HEC-RAS, this week-long training includes TWO courses covering basic, intermediate and advanced levels across both 1D and 2D.
HEC-RAS is recognised as an industry standard hydraulic modelling program that is widely used throughout the world.
The TWO courses run back-to-back through the week, enabling attendees to Register for either the 1D, 2D or both courses. The 2D course will assume a basic understanding of 1D.
Date: Monday, 4 June, 2018 - Friday, 8 June, 2018
Contact: Trevor Pillar firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop PROGRAM Note: All course days will be taught using HEC-RAS 5.0 software
This training is offered in association with Floodplain Management Australia, Engineers Australia the Australian Hydrographers Association and the Australian Water Association. Members of EA, FMA, AHA, AWA receive a 10% Discount.
This training will use the latest Version 5.0 of HEC-RAS, a globally-respected water modelling package, available for free download from the US Army Corps of Engineers, who author and support this software. The new version includes two-dimensional floodplain modelling, unsteady sediment transport, bank erosion, water quality, and the RAS Mapper GIS interface.
We will also be looking at key strategic improvements in the latest version of HEC-RAS including:
* Faster computation speed
* Ability to pre-process all 1D elements in RAS Mapper without GEO-RAS.
* Additional hydraulic structure options
* Variable computational time step
* RAS Mapper enhancements
* Internal boundary conditions
* 2D polygon mesh refinement
* Interface Bug Fixes
This week consists of TWO courses, run consecutively, and you can attend either with respect to your level of experience and understanding.
Course attendees will learn to build, run, and animate flood models using the free HEC-RAS software.
Two remarkable videos of HEC-RAS Models:
- US Army Corps of Engineers Bald Eagle Sunny Day Failure mp4 http://www.icewarm.com.au/wp-content/uploads/BaldEagleSunnyDayFailure.mp4?_=1
- US Army Corps of Engineers Coyote Dam Failure mp4 http://www.icewarm.com.au/wp-content/uploads/CoyoteDamFailure.mp4?_=2
Try this VIDEO: Download and run: Adding Breaklines to Capture Linear Features
– Understand methods used by HEC-RAS software in modelling channel & flood plain storage
– Learn about unsteady flow and sediment transport analyses
– Undertake hands-on HEC-RAS modelling exercises with full instruction
– Know how to consult with modellers & engage with management regarding HEC-RAS models
– Know when it is appropriate to build an expensive model and when back-of-envelope will do
– Recognise the “point of diminishing return” in a model construction and implementation
– Learn troubleshooting and computational optimisation techniques
– Learn how to scope model development and review model results provided by others
There will be ample opportunity to discuss issues that course participants have encountered in professional practice.
All courses include lectures and workshops with hands-on case studies.
Attendees bring their own Windows-based laptops for installing software (installation links will be provided prior to the course). If you are unable to provide one, please inform us on your registration.
|Who Comes:||– Department of Works- PNG|
|– ACOR Consultants||– Envirotech|
|– Agfirst Engineering||– Land Dynamics Australlia|
|– Alluvium||– Melbourne Water|
|– ATC Williams||– Millar Merrigan|
|– Beveridge Williams||– Murray Darling Basin Authority|
|– Byrne Design||– pitt&sherry|
|– Chow Consulting||– Queensland Murray-Darling Committee|
|– City West Water||– Queensland Urban Utilities|
|– Commonwealth Environmental Water Office||– SARDI|
|– Demlakian||– SEQ Catchments|
|– Department of Energy and Water Supply||– TGM Group Pty Ltd|
|– Department of Main Roads||– Thiess Environmental Monitoring|
|– Dept. Science, Info. Tech. & Innovation||– VicRoads|
|– Department of Water||– Water Corporation|
– Open Channel Hydraulics & Introduction to HEC-RAS
– One Dimensional Flow Profiles in Context
– Cross Section Locations & Friction Slope Options
– Bridge Analysis and Modelling
– Mobile Boundaries, Bridge Scour
– 1D, 2D and Coupled 1D/2D Floodplain Modelling
– Culvert Modelling, Junction Modelling and Dam Break Modelling
– Unsteady Flow Modelling
– Introduction to Sediment Transport Modeling
– Hands-on Case Studies & Discussions
Registrations by Friday 4th May 2018 receive the Early Bird 20% Fee Discount.