Workshop: Managing Your Water Asset
Navigating Water Markets & Matching Your Water Use With Appropriate Supply
This free workshop is designed specifically for the South Australian Agriculture Industry and is facilitated by ICE WaRM, in collaboration with PIRSA, DEWNR, Aither and others.
Date: Monday, 3 July, 2017
Location: Loxton Research Centre, Bookpurnong Rd, Loxton SA
Contact: Contact Joel for more information: 08 8236 5200
Session Recordings from the day:
- Alister Walsh, Introduction:
- Ben Fee PIRSA, Setting the Scene: Session PDF
- Yvette Colton, DEWNR, Information to Make the Most of Your Water Asset: Session PDF, Clickable PDF: Key Sources of Water Market Information
- Daniel Baker, Aither, State of the Market: Session PDF, Aither’s annual Water Markets Reports
- Ben Fee & David Zadow, Interview:
- Alister Walsh, Mapping Your Water Use Profile: Session PDF
This free Workshop aims to:
- Assist irrigators to understand the maturity and scope of the Australia water market and provide some insight as to how they make it work for them.
- Help to understand the connected nature of the Southern Murray Darling Basin and the industry dynamics across that region that could impact them.
- Introduce the concept of effective capital deployment to achieve their desired water security.
- What the Banks consider when assessing water security and production risks.
- What are the Banks expectation in relation to climate risk management.
- An update on the 17/18 Seasonal outlook and the industry and other factors that may have an impact on the market.
- Provide an overview of the Loxton Research Centre and the role it is playing into the future in supporting and growing the South Australia Agri-Industry.
See Alister Walsh’s Webinar on Water Trading below. Alister is the former CEO of Water Find Australia and will be Chairing the workshop:
Sponsored by PIRSA:
Learn about Australia’s water markets, produced by the department for the 2017 Global Forum for Food and Agriculture:
Loxton Research Centre: