Employer Approval & CPD
Continuing Professional Development:
Claim CPD hours with Engineers Australia. All AWS Short Courses are eligible, under Type 2 of the guidelines available: engineersaustralia.org.au
Gaining employer approval:
We know you are busy, so to help with gaining approval to attend an ICE WaRM Short Course, we have a few tips to help you put your business case forward.
Have a look at the text in this letter to get you started on seeking employer approval.
Focus on what you will bring back to your organisation.
Mention sessions that have particular relevance to your role and your organisation.
If a number of staff are interested, ask us for a group discount: 08 8236 5208 and advise your manager.
All AWS Courses include:
- Presentations by eminent water professionals
- pre course reading and resources
- Tutorials and discussions
- Opportunity to connect with local and international course participants online
- Small group sizes to allow greater interaction
Face to face courses include:
- Printed and electronic course notes
- Networking with industry colleagues, and often a complimentary drinks and nibbles hour
- Well-equipped training facilities in CBD locations
- Catering: lunch, morning and afternoon teas
Also mention how the course will:
- Provide opportunities to discuss your situation and challenges with industry colleagues & presenters.
- Improve your knowledge and skill set
- Increase your productivity and efficiency
- Discuss new technologies and provide real-world examples and case studies
- Update knowledge on policies/legislation or commercial opportunities
- Encourage teambuilding when sending a group
- Giving a short presentation to share what you achieved and the knowledge gained with your colleagues and approving manager.
- You can also claim CPD hours with Engineers Australia for all ICE WaRM Professional Short Courses (Under Type 2 of the guidelines available here).
- Also share presentations with your colleagues, after the course they will be available to you in PDF.